Winter Kyol Che 2012
- Winter Kyol Che 2012 â€“ Opening ceremony is Friday January 6 at 7:30PM. Kyol Che begins the following morning Saturday, January 7, 2012 and runs through Friday, March 30, 2012 â€“ led byÂ Zen Master Soeng Hyang,Â Zen Master Bon Shim,Â Zen Master Bon Haeng,Â Myo Ji Sunim JDPS,Â Nancy Brown Hedgpeth JDPSN, andÂ Tim Lerch JDPSN.
- Entry is on Friday January 7, 2012 at 7:30pm, or any subsequent Saturday at 8:00am.
- Exit is on Friday, March 30, 2012, or on any Saturday at 8:00am.
- Minimum participation is one week.
- The intensive week, which begins February 12, includes nightly midnight practice, and is limited to those who have previously sat retreats or who have entered this retreat earlier.
Jan. 7 - 14: Zen Master Soeng Hyang
Jan. 14 - Feb. 5: Zen Master Bon Shim
Feb. 5 - 18: Tim Lerch. JDPSN
Feb. 18 - Feb. 25: Zen Master Soeng Hyang
Feb. 25 - March 3: Nancy Hedgpeth, JDPSN
March 3 - 10: Zen Master Bon Haeng
March 10 - March 17: Nancy Hedgpeth, JDPSN
March 17 - 24: Zen Master Bon Haeng
March 24 - 30: Zen Master Soeng Hyang
For more detailed information, download the Kyol Che Information Booklet (pdf format).
Retreat fees are:
$4500/entire retreat or $455/week for non-members and associate members;
$3000/entire retreat or $315/week for students, clergy and school members;
$2500/entire retreat or $245/week for Dharma Teachers and Dharma Teachers in training in the Kwan Um School of Zen.
Half price for Eastern Europeans who are members in good standing of their home zen centers (does not apply to Eastern Europeans living in the U.S.).
SEE YOUR GUIDING TEACHER FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO OBTAIN A SCHOLARSHIP.
To register for your retreat online – fill out the retreat registration form.
You can download and print the 2012 Heart Kyol Che PDF here:Â 2012 Heart Kyol Che