- This event has passed.
Summer Kyol Che 2022
July 2 - August 5
July 2, 2022 – August 5, 2022
Kyol Che practice clarifies our direction, resulting in a more harmonious relationship with all aspects of life. The daily schedule, conducted in silence, includes sitting, chanting, walking, and bowing meditations, as well as work practice. Meals are eaten in traditional temple style. Retreat leaders give weekly dharma talks and regular kong-an interviews. Practice in our serene woodland setting with the support of Sangha members from all over the world.
Three day minimum stay. Entry and exits are on Saturdays at 8:00am, except the exit last week is on Friday.
Please register by Monday before your Saturday entry. If you have complicated dietary or physical needs, please register a week in advance of your entry date.
Our Teacher Schedule for 2022
Saturday July 2 to Saturday July 9 Terry Cronin JDPSN
Saturday July 9 to Saturday July 16 Matt Keeler JDPSN
Saturday July 16 to Saturday July 23 Kwan Haeng Sunim JDPSN
Saturday July 23 to Saturday July 29 Dennis Duermeier JDPSN
Saturday July 30 to Friday August 5 Bogamila Milanowska JDPSN
Daily Retreat Fees:
- $75 Non-Members and Associate Members
- $55 Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $45 Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Weekly Retreat Fees:
- $525 Non-Members and Associate Members
- $385 Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $315 Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Monthly Retreat Fees:
- $2100 Non-Members and Associate Members
- $1540 Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $1200 Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Download the Kyol Che Information Booklet to help prepare for entry or answer any questions you have about Kyol Che.
Interested in becoming a member? Membership in the Kwan Um School of Zen entitles you to discounts for retreats and guest stays at our Kwan Um School of Zen Centers. See Become a Member on the Kwan Um School of Zen site.