- This event has passed.
Summer Kyol Che 2023
July 8 - August 4
July 8, 2023 – August 4, 2023
Kyol Che practice clarifies our direction, resulting in a more harmonious relationship with all aspects of life. The daily schedule, conducted in silence, includes sitting, chanting, walking, and bowing meditations, as well as work practice. Meals are eaten in traditional temple style. Retreat leaders give weekly dharma talks and regular kong-an interviews. Practice in our serene woodland setting with the support of Sangha members from all over the world.
Three day minimum stay. Entry day is on Saturdays only at 8:00am.
If you have complicated dietary or physical needs, please register a week in advance of your entry date.
Saturday July 8 Colin Beavan JDPSN
Saturday July 15 Kwan Haeng Sunim JDPS
Saturday July 22 Dennis Duemeier JDPSN
Saturday July 29 Zen Master Soeng Hyang (Bobby Rhodes)
Daily Retreat Fees:
- $85 Non-Members and Associate Members
- $60 Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $50 Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Weekly Retreat Fees:
- $525 Non-Members and Associate Members
- $385 Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $315 Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Monthly Retreat Fees:
- $2100 Non-Members and Associate Members
- $1540 Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $1200 Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Download the Kyol Che Information Booklet to help prepare for entry or answer any questions you have about Kyol Che.
Interested in becoming a member? Membership in the Kwan Um School of Zen entitles you to discounts for retreats and guest stays at our Kwan Um School of Zen Centers. See Become a Member on the Kwan Um School of Zen site.