Kyol Che practice clarifies our direction, resulting in a more harmonious relationship with all aspects of life. The daily schedule, conducted in silence, includes sitting, chanting, walking, and bowing meditations, as well as work practice. Meals are eaten in traditional temple style. Retreat leaders give weekly dharma talks and regular kong-an interviews. Practice in our serene woodland setting with the support of Sangha members from all over the world.
Kyol-Che will be held both IN PERSON only.
1st week – Jan. 7th: Colin Beavan JDPSN
2nd week – Jan. 14th: Jason Quinn JDPSN
3rd week – Jan. 21st: Dennis Duermeier JDPSN
4th week – Jan. 28th: Kwan Haeng Sunim JDPSN
5th week – Feb. 4th: Zen Master Bon Shim
6th week – Feb. 11th: Colin Beavan JDPSN
7th week – Feb. 18th: Matt Keeler JDPSN
8th week – Feb. 25th – Intensive Week: Dennis Duermeier JDPSN
9th week – March 4th – Rebecca Otte JDPSN
10th week – March 11th: Paul Majchrzyk JDPSN
11th week – March 18th: Zen Master Soeng Hyang (Bobby Rhodes)
12th week – March 25th: Zen Master Soeng Hyang (Bobby Rhodes)
One week minimum stay. Entry and exits are on Saturdays at 8:00am, except the exit last week is on Friday.
Please register by Monday before your Saturday entry. If you have complicated dietary or physical needs, please register 2 weeks in advance of your entry date.
All Retreatants must be Vaccinated
Weekly Retreat Fees:
- $525 – Non-Members and Associate Members
- $385 – Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $315 – Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Monthly Retreat Fees:
- $2100 – Non-Members and Associate Members
- $1540 – Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $1200 – Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
3-Month Retreat Fees:
- $6735 – Non-Members and Associate Members
- $4870 – Members, Seniors, and Full-time Students
- $3915 – Dharma Teachers and Dharma-Teachers-in-Training
Scholarships available for Kwan Um School of Zen members in good standing. Please contact your guiding teacher for information.